MISSION STATEMENT: VUKA Ministry is a vital part of the overall church ministry.
What is it?
Bridge - Vuka – Kuvuka -Crossing over from one stage to another - Ages 23 - Whenever
VUKA Ministry is a vital part of the overall church ministry. This is a ministry of young adults - Singles, young couples, students, working professionals, new immigrants & parents that seeks to provide a spiritual bridge between their work, careers, family, community, friendships, relationships & Christian faith. Our goal is to provide a supportive Christ-centered environment where young people may develop holistically — intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially, professionally and socially (Luke 2:52), — so that they may know Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is our desire to see them become true disciples of Christ (Matt 28:19-20), so that they may serve and love God wholeheartedly (Luke 10:27). All VUKA programs and activities are designed with this goal in mind.
VUKA ministry implements the values of modeling, counseling, teaching, praying, supporting, mentoring, training, discipling and bridging. The message communicated is not only by word or by action, but by providing a living example of Christian faith and realistic problem-solving. We strive to gain the trust and respect of the others as a foundation for personal friendship and mentoring.
This VUKA ministry desires to integrate young people into the life of the church body, to prepare them to become leaders now and tomorrow in the church, and to equip the saints for the work of service (Eph 4:12,13). This ministry takes a team approach, and values the active support and involvement of others.
- Building relationships with God and young people (Gen X & Y)
- Engaging young people with God
- Connecting with youth in an appropriate way, so they understand God is relevant to them today
- Enabling today's youth to be today & tomorrow's Christian leaders
- Planting seeds of discipleship to grow great Christians
- Preaching, teaching, leading and living the Christian life to excite and inspire young people
- Impacting young people through the message of the Bible to create young men and women who love Jesus
- Using all appropriate methods to excite, inspire, capture and ignite young people for Jesus
- To enable young people to understand and recognize who Jesus is, and what it is to live for Him
- Bringing the contemporary message of Christianity to today's youth
- Building solid Christians on the foundation of The Solid Rock
- Enabling connections & flourishing in Career, life, finance and family matters
- Fishing them to be fishers of men
2022-2023 Ministry Officials
Chairman: Isaac Njuguna
Assistant Chairman: Ben Chege
Secretary: Maureen Kiriba
Assistant Secretary: Besh Gichuhi
Treasurer: Margaret Kabui
Assistant Treasurer: Cornelius Mwaura
Activities Coordinator: Peter Mwaura
The Contact for the Vuka Ministry is Isaac Njuguna. He can be reached at: 1 (206) 405-0634.
Please stop by again.